unveiling the universe within my mind

Thursday 4 January 2018

What Would You Do With Your Last Hour of Internet?

As a generation that was born into an advance of technology, we couldn’t deny that our biggest treasure and major breakthrough of this world is internet access. Internet makes us unstoppable, it makes us think there is nothing we couldn’t do. Every information that we need, we could have it just by a single click. Well, except for some websites that need a special permission to be accessed into, or those secret information that heavily secured. But still, you get my point. Even I could get my bachelor degree on time thanks to the internet. We got an easier life than our forefather and fathers before him which makes us lazy. We got so attached to it, and would find functioning our daily lives without a single access to internet quite difficult, or rather irritating.

So what if by some odd reasons, you only have an hour left of internet before it shutting down forever. What would you do?

My biggest loss should I couldn't access the internet anymore is my life saver, Google Maps. My sense of direction is really poor that it took me sometime to get home from my office without getting lost first. I need to go through particular directions for a number of time before I could finally memorize them. Another loss is source of information. I question Google for everything. It is my next source of information after my mother, where I could get answers almost immediately, even less, all those tutorials on How To [fill in the blank] that would make my life convenient. Lastly, I would have to find another way to entertain myself because my happiness practically comes from reading online and video streaming.

What would I do if I only have one hour left to access the internet?

I never think of it, but maybe, first, I would be grieving over it. Because I spend more than 80% of my time online, specifically my job. Losing internet pretty much  losing my job too. But since I could switch my mood as fast as changing TV channels, I'll better in a blink of an eye. So after grieving a little I would try to back up all of contact information of my family and friends. Although I am glad that it would be hard for people to reach me after the shutting down, I would still need human contact in my life. Then, I would download as many movies, TV series,and dramas as possible in one hour since I think everything would be costly after that. And finally, my pictures in Instagram and Facebook. I would retrieve them offline so I could reminiscing my past whenever I want to. As for Information, I think we would be forced to do it in old fashion ways, newspaper, magazine, libraries.. So inconvenient.

Writing  this makes me realize that internet is such a huge thing, not that I am not aware of it, but I never realized it is a big part of our life, our generation. We are so used to something instant and fast that it has become a habit. Detaching ourselves from internet would probably create significant hassle and make us vulnerable. We will be induced to do more effort to do things, and get slower responses. one thing that certain is, I wouldn't want internet to disappear. Because I am lazy as fudge...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Labels