unveiling the universe within my mind

Friday 20 July 2018

STARTING

You know those feelings when the world around you has so much going on but you choose to stay at your bed, procrastinating. The bed was so comfy you don't want to let go.

That is where I am right now. I feel like I am waaaay to comfortable (or lazy) with my life to the point where I have stopped growing. I don't write as much as I did in the past, well, though everything that I have written were never past the intorductory part or just a mere snippets of my insignificant characters' dialogues. I never finish my painting even though I had promised myself that I would do it on weekends. I don't go doing exercise anymore because, well, my bed is too inviting.

It got me thinking that I have so many unfulfilled commitments with myself because I get bored easily. I don't finish what I have started once I think they have become too burdensome, and this is bad. The problem with me is I am too impatient. I expect everything I do should be perfect in one go, keep forgetting that even the most skillful writers or painters will have to learn forever.

I really want to get rid of this bad habit, so I come up with this idea to start writing project for myself, where I will force myself to write every.single.day in this blog. I am not sure if I would write every day (see? I just set up a goal but already trying to avoid it almost immediately) but I will try as often as I could.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Labels